Thursday, May 8, 2008

YouTube #20

YouTube is a video hosting site, you can upload and share videos on the web.
Anyone watching a video can post a video response or write a comment so it is interactive.
I looked at the "Hilarious commercials of the 70s site", found it mildly interesting with a few laughs. Little recognition as they were US commercials, some of the written comments were interesting as many wanted to identify the actor/actress in the commercials . I chose that site for a nostalgia hit but as I said they were not familiar, although some were bizarre.

What I saw on YouTube didn't interest me particularly eg. video of a girl singing songs in her bedroom. I know YouTube is phenominally popular but it is not something I wish to explore further.
I don't think there is anything on YouTube that could be applied to library websites that isn't widely used on other sites.

No comments: