Monday, April 28, 2008

Discover Web 2.0 tools # 19

I picked a site from the winners list in the Travel category - RealTravel.
This is a travel guide and trip planner based on advice from real travellers.
I chose to explore Melbourne form the Top Cities list under Oceania. I didn't find a lot of the site very informative, in many cases it was light on for content and information relying on input from the same few people.
There was a good link to Booking.com for online hotel reservations with very detailed information on the selected hotel.
Under Things to do I looked at Art & Museums and all I got was more hotel informatiion. Every new page was dominated by hotel info with the thibng you actually wanted tacked on the bottom.
I can't really see any application for this site in a library setting.

No comments: